Monday 19 December 2011

Pakistani Actress Sofia Hayat to Expose Her Secrets

Sofia Hayat, a Britain-based actress of Pakistani origin, who was kidnapped by her parents at knife point, has scripted a film called “Dishonoured”, about the trials and tribulations of Asians in Britain. She says it is inspired by her own life.


 
“I have written a film script, which would be half filmed in India. The film will go on the floors by the end of this year. A production company in UK took it at $2 million. I am very excited about the project. The film’s cast will have actors from both – UK and India, ” Hayat told.
Sofia, also a singer and model, is in India to shoot for director Vinod Mukhia’s women-oriented drama “Diary of a Butterfly”.
In “Dishonoured”, she gives an insight to the life of a British Indian (mostly girls) who dare to pursue a career against parents will.
“It’s based on my life and based on many Asian people’s life growing up in India and England. My story starts with how a girl wants to be a performer and how she handles parents’ objection, ” she said.
“My parents at kidnapped me from University at knife point because I changed my course from science to arts against their will. I could escape and police got involved. That incident made me write the book called ‘Dishonoured’. Even my music album is named ‘Dishonoured’, ” she said.
Asked if she would be directing the film too, she said: “I think I have to let it go. If you can get a good director on board, he can do a better job than I can. I can be a good director because I am a creative person. I have the images of the scene to be shot. So I would be working closely in the project to make it as realistic as it can be.”

2 comments: